You are invited to join us for the Spring 2017 session of Femex – a class where participants have the opportunity to learn and grow by sharing their lived experiences. Femex classes strive to be a safe and intentional environment where we can discuss topics including power & privilege, gender, consent, body image, communication, sexual practices, relationships, and more – all issues that impact the way we experience the world. We have held femex in the DC community since 2009 and have reached over 600 folks in the area. Femex is a space for women, genderqueer and trans folks, and people of other gender identities.
- Attending an Info Session (or femexposure) is highly recommended, but not mandatory in order to submit an application for the Spring Session.
- During all info sessions, facilitators will go over important dates, review the course syllabus and answer any questions you have about the class.
- You will also get to meet past participants who will share their experiences
- You are welcome to drop in when you are available, and do not need to stay for the whole time
- The winter class session will begin at the end of February and go through the end of June.
- Open House Info Session: Wednesday, January 11 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at Shaw Library (1630 7th St NW)
- Femexposure: Thursday, January 12 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at Southeast Library (403 7th St SE) --*femexposure is a special in-depth info session where you'll get a taste of what a femex class is actually like. Participants will dive into activities and discussions that simulate the femex class experience. *This session runs as a workshop the full two-hours from 6:30 - 8:30 pm.
- Open House Info Session: Sunday, January 15 from 2:30 - 4:30 pm at Lamond-Riggs Library (5401 South Dakota Ave NE)
- Phone call info session: Monday, January 16 from 6:30 - 8:00 pm -- RSVP and call in details will be sent to you
- Open House Info Session: Tuesday, January 17 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at MLK Library (901 G St NW)
We look forward to seeing you at an info session! If you have questions please email us at email@example.com.